- J.D., DePaul University College of Law (Chicago, IL), 2006
- Ph.D., Trinity Evangelical Divinity School (Deerfield, IL), 1994
- M.Div., Southwest Baptist Theological Seminary (Fort Worth, TX), 1990
- M.A., Philosophy, Baylor University (Waco, TX), 1987
- B.A., Philosophy, Baylor University (Waco, TX), 1986
- California (2013)
- District of Columbia (2011)
- Illinois (2006)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- Member of the Federal Trial Bar
Dan Lee is an experienced trial attorney who served as first chair in more than 20 jury trials and 30 bench trials. Mr. Lee’s trial experience includes state and federal courts in Illinois, California, and the District of Columbia. He is also a certified mediator.
Mr. Lee concentrates his practice on employment and labor law, business and commercial litigation, corporate law, church property and governance disputes, Korean business & litigation and representation of the news media in defamation cases.
He is experienced in representing both employers and employees in labor disputes regarding wage claims, wrongful termination, sexual harassment and violations of state and federal labor law, including numerous class actions. He has tried complex business and commercial litigations, including breach of contract, fiduciary duty, brokers, partnership disputes, misrepresentation, fraud, misappropriation of trade secrets, and defamation.
Mr. Lee is well known as one of the most prominent trial attorneys for church-related matters concerning property and governance disputes in both civil and ecclesiastical courts.
For more than 12 years, Mr. Lee has served as outside general counsel for Korea Daily, the leading Korean language newspaper in the U.S. He is also very active in the Korean-American community.
Prior to launching Lee Law Offices in 2015, Mr. Lee worked as a clerk and staff attorney in the Circuit Court of Cook County serving Chicago, Illinois. In this capacity, he managed more than 800 civil cases and trials. Earlier in his career, Mr. Lee was a professor of philosophy and theology at Northern Seminary in Lombard, IL.
Mr. Lee is fluent in Korean. He was an avid licensed skydiver and is a member of the U.S. Parachute Association.