Vanessa Loftus-Brewer joined Balaban & Spielberger LLP as an associate in 2016. Her prior legal experience involves working with judicial foreclosures, unlawful detainers, family law, abusive debt collection litigation, employment law, insurance defense, personal injury, premise liability, and product liability.
Vanessa received her BA degree, magna cum laude, in Humanities and Core in Business Management from Menlo College and her Juris Doctor from California Western School of Law. During law school, she volunteered with the Community Law Project, which provided legal aid to the community, focusing on family law, public benefits, SSI, and consumer law.
Vanessa worked as an intern at SSC Pacific, a per working capita laboratory for Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command, where she gained exposure to government contracts, environmental law, employment law, internal fiscal policy law, and the Freedom of Information Act as applied to patents. She was admitted to the State Bar of California in 2009.
Most recently, Vanessa was selected to the 2022 Southern California Super Lawyers list.
- Menlo College- Bachelors of Arts in Humanities; Business Management
- Juris Doctor from California Western School of Law
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- California Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- American Association of Justice
- 2022 Southern California Rising Stars
- The National Trial Lawyers- Top 40 Under 40: Civil Plaintiffs