Philip S. Rosenzweig is a partner in the firm. Mr. Rosenzweig concentrates his practice in real estate, finance, land use and litigation arising from or related thereto. His practice broadly encompasses transactional and litigation matters, including serving as lead counsel and/or trial counsel in major litigation involving distressed assets, partnership and shareholder disputes, construction disputes, loan workouts and restructurings, foreclosures and lender liability issues and strategies relating thereto. He also focuses on advising developers and investors in all aspects of commercial matters, typically in the acquisition, sale, leasing, financing, land use planning, zoning and construction of real property. Mr. Rosenzweig has extensive courtroom and trial experience and has tried many jury and non-jury matters to successful conclusion and is highly experienced in appellate work resulting in significant Commonwealth Court and Superior Court opinions. He represents borrowers and lenders with respect to complex loan facilities in default scenarios and the litigation relating thereto. Mr. Rosenzweig also represents clients in the purchase, sale and financing of non-real estate assets, including ongoing businesses and privately and/or closely held interests in such businesses from their formation or early operation through disposition events. Mr. Rosenzweig has served as General Counsel to a number of Main Line businesses and to a private real estate finance company.
Mr. Rosenzweig consolidated his practice with the firm a decade ago after spending nine years as a shareholder of Riley Riper, where he had a similar practice. Prior thereto, he was an associate at Fox Rothschild.
Mr. Rosenzweig served three terms as a Commissioner of Lower Merion Township, where he represented Ward 6, Rosemont, Bryn Mawr and Villanova. He co-chaired the Building and Planning Committee for Lower Merion Township where he over saw substantial Township-wide redevelopment. He lives in Bryn Mawr with his wife, children and dogs.
Mr. Rosenzweig holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics from the University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Business and obtained his Juris Doctor from Villanova University. He is admitted to practice law in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York and has always been in good standing in each of these states.
- Representation of one of the world’s largest owners of commercial real estate with respect to a multimillion square foot redevelopment master plan.
- Representation of a major non-profit institution in the multimillion dollar sale of parcels of land on the Main Line and in multi-tier lease agreements between purchaser and seller and advice regarding land use aspects of same; representation of that non-profit in the transactions resulting in the payoff of all institutional debt.
- Representation of the developer of an oceanfront condominium complex in the Outer Banks, North Carolina with respect to all aspects of a dispute with their lenders, including lender liability and bankruptcy litigation and loan workout and restructuring advice; served as trial counsel in the United States District Court, Eastern District of North Carolina-Greenville.
- Representation of major shareholder in medical laboratory company regarding shareholder dispute and sale of business; lead trial counsel in the United States District Court, Eastern District of California trial resulting in a multi-count verdict in our client’s favor.
- Served as lead trial counsel to a major owner of Main Line commercial real estate in an easement dispute with an adjoining property owner resulting in complete victory at trial for our client.
- Representation of Philadelphia developer in connection with default, forbearance and litigation with lender and the resultant loan acquisition transaction.
- Counsel for investment fund purchaser in multi-building, multi-state, multi-seller acquisition involving interdependent credit facilities.
- Counsel to a defaulted developer of a multi hundred thousand square foot mixed use development in the three forum litigations arising from and relating to the default resulting in a massive discounted note purchase of the debt.
- Representation of established real estate family business in multiple major acquisitions of retail shopping centers and in the sale of non-conforming portfolio real estate.
- General Counsel for start-up college meal plan business from inception/formation, capital raise, multiple acquisitions of competitors through disposition by merger to an international, multi-billion dollar food service firm.
- General Counsel for over a decade for one of the largest hard money lenders in the Mid-Atlantic region.