Mr. Toole joined WJH as a lateral attorney in 2001, and was elevated to a shareholder in 2005. Mr. Toole focuses his practice on civil trials and litigation. He has successfully prosecuted and defended cases through trial in multiple areas, including: commercial litigation, class actions, corporate and partner dissolutions, insurance bad faith litigation, trade secret litigation and unfair business practices. To date, Mr. Toole has tried over 18 cases to verdict and successfully defended or prosecuted over 25 appeals. Clients of Mr. Toole range from Fortune 500 companies to individuals.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Litigator of the Year, 2023 – American Institute of Trial Lawyers
- Mr. Toole is admitted to practice in the 9th Circuit, and all the Federal and State trial courts.
- Mr. Toole is an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated with Martindale-Hubbell.
- Mr. Toole is a member of the Fresno County Bar Association and Federal Bar Association.
- Mr. Toole was recognized in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019 and 2020 as a “Super Lawyer” by Super Lawyers Magazine.
- J.D., McGeorge School of Law, 1997
- B.A., University of California, Davis, 1993
- Political Science (Major)
- History and Communications (Double Minor)
- California Fellow for Senator Quentin L. Kopp 1993-1994
- Mr. Toole has been active in the community since 1997, participating in various charities and organizations such as: Board of Director of the American Cancer Society, volunteer for Fresno City Fire Fighters Benefit to the March of Dimes, volunteer for the Fresno County Mock Trial Association, participant in the Relay For Life, and participant in the Saint Agnes Medical Center Cross-City Race to benefit Saint Agnes Cancer Services. Mr. Toole has been involved in fundraising for Court Appointed Special Advocates (“CASA”). More recently, Mr. Toole has started a quarterly pro bono civil services clinic for military veterans in coordination with Central California Legal Services.