Nicholas Halks is one of the top domestic relations trial attorneys in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, specializing in handling high stakes litigation.
Recent victories include:
- Winning $260,000 in damages (including punitive) after a nine-day jury trial in the Superior Court for a woman being sexually harassed by her employer
- A removal (“relocation”) trial where the parties shared physical custody
- Winning sole physical custody for a Father after a two day trial
- Winning 60% of the marital estate for a Wife who was the victim of adultery in a long-term marriage.
Having conducted approximately fifty civil trials to judgment/verdict, Halks is experienced with litigating a case from start to finish. Coupled with his high energy, prowess, and oral persuasion skills, Halks is an extremely formidable lawyer, whose reputation for excellence is well known in Essex, Middlesex, Norfolk, Plymouth, and Suffolk Counties.
Skilled Inside & Outside The Courtroom
Although Halks is more than capable of winning at trial, he is also a shrewd and skilled negotiator, who is willing to sit down and hammer out an amicable agreement without the need of the Court. A litigator at heart, Mr. Halks enjoys the “Arena,” better known as the Courtroom, as that is where he excels based on his superior oral and written communication skills, honed by hard work and experience. Halks is entirely capable of achieving maximum results with or without a battle in a Courtroom.
Halks is the Winner of the AVVO Client’s Choice Award for Six Straight Years, as well as numerous other awards.
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Norfolk Bar Association
- Middlesex Bar Association
- Lawrence Bar Association
- Justinian Law Society of Massachusetts
- Newburyport Bar Association
- J.D. from The Massachusetts School of Law
- Editor of the Student Journal, The Verdict
- Host of the televised debate show, Final Adjudication
- Winner of two CALI Awards for Excellence
- B.S. from the University of South Carolina
- Attended on an academic scholarship
Nicholas is also a graduate of Central Catholic High School in Lawrence, and grew up in nearby Andover, Massachusetts. When he is not working, he enjoys spending time with his family, horse riding, tennis, and the outdoors.