Ms. Lauren Pilié, a native of Georgia, joined Morris Bart, LLC, as an associate in March 2012. She graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Georgia in 2004 with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Finance. She received her Juris Doctor from the University of Georgia School of Law in 2007. While in law school, Ms. Pilié was an officer of both the Federalist Society and the Christian Legal Society.
In contrast to what you may expect from her picture, Ms. Pilié worked throughout college as a mechanic, changing tires at a local automotive shop. She also drove a motorcycle to class every day in law school. After graduating, Ms. Pilié practiced insurance defense litigation in Georgia, but switched sides and began representing injured people and their families when she moved to Louisiana and joined Morris Bart, LLC. Her background in working for insurance companies has made her an even better Plaintiff’s attorney.
Ms. Pilié enjoys being in the courtroom, and tries an average of 3 cases a year. Additionally, she teaches legal education classes to other attorneys. She has given up her motorcycle driving these days and now focuses on her husband and her two little girls when she is not at work.
Ms. Pilié is licensed in both Louisiana and Georgia.
- Car Accidents
- Personal Injury
- B.B.A., University of Georgia, Finance
- J.D., University of Georgia
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Louisiana Association of Justice
- American Association of Justice
Admitted to Practice
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
- Court of Appeals of the State of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia