Joe Vito has been a personal injury attorney for nearly two decades. He began the first half of his legal career working for insurance companies, where he learned extensive inside industry information that has proven to be invaluable in prosecuting cases against those same companies on behalf of injured clients. Joe is very active in his community, serving on multiple boards and as an elected official in the Village of Wheeling.
A zealous advocate for his injured clients, Joe believes client communication is paramount to any legal representation. Therefore, he strives to keep his clients fully informed of developments in their cases and to clearly explain any legal issues and the legal process. Having worked for insurance companies for the first decade of his career, Joe has an intricate understanding of how personal injury claims are handled and evaluated, and he uses this knowledge to obtain the best results for his personal injury clients. Joe always conveys to his clients the insurance company’s position and how Vito & Dollenmaier Law can best posture their claims to obtain the best settlement or verdict. Joe prides himself on client contact, and he will always be available and responsive to his clients.
- Personal Injury
- Illinois, 2004
- Federal Trial Bar, 2006
- Admitted to the Bar of Illinois Supreme Court
- Admitted to the U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- J.D., Chicago-Kent College of Law
- B.A., University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Honors Distinction in English
Honors & Awards:
- Elite Lawyer, 2023
- American Institute of Trial Lawyers, Litigator of the Year, 2023
- Super Lawyers, 2020 – Present
- IL Trial Lawyers Association
- Village of Wheeling- Village Trustee
- Northwest Suburban Bar Association, Former Board of Governors member
- Northwest Suburban Bar Association, Former Chair of the Civil Litigation Committee
- Greater Wheeling Area Chamber of Commerce, Former President and Current Board Member
Relevant Past Employment Positions
- Several larger downtown law firms and in house counsel for American Family Insurance.