Jason B Stevens, is an attorney that specializes in criminal, DUI and traffic defense, driver license reinstatement, and sealing or expungement of criminal records. Mr. Stevens was admitted to the bar in November of 2003. Since being admitted to the Illinois bar, Mr. Stevens has handled hundreds of felony and misdemeanor criminal cases, including DUI and other traffic offenses. Mr. Stevens is known for his trial skills both before judges and juries where he has a proven track record of not guilty findings. Mr. Stevens has defended criminal cases in Cook, Dupage, Kane, Lake, McHenry, Winnebago, Will, Lee and Dekalb Counties.
Mr. Stevens graduated cum laude from Illinois State University in December of 1999 with a degree in Criminal Justice. While attending Illinois State University Mr. Stevens was a member of the Criminal Justice Dean’s List and the Criminal Justice Alpha Phi Sigma Honor Society.
Mr. Stevens attended The John Marshall Law School where he was awarded a Dean’s Scholarship for academic achievement. While a law student, Mr. Stevens was a member of the Dean’s List, Moot Court and Law Journal Honor programs. He earned his Juris Doctorate Degree from The John Marshall Law School in June, 2003.
Mr. Stevens is currently a member of the Chicago, North Suburban, Northwest Suburban, West Suburban, Southwest Suburban, Cook County, Lake County and DuPage County Bar Associations. In 2017 Mr. Stevens was recognized by Lawyers of Distinction as being an attorney rated in the top 10% of criminal defense practitioners. He is also a member of the American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys which named him as one of the top 10 criminal lawyers for client satisfaction in 2016 and 2017.
- John Marshall Law School, Chicago, Illinois, June, 2003 – J.D.
- Honors: Moot Court Honors Program, (Spring 2002)
- Honors: Dean’s Scholarship for Academic Achievement
- Honors: Dean’s List (6 semesters)
- Illinois State University, Normal, Illinois, December, 1999 – Bachelor of Science Criminal Justice
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Honors: Criminal Justice Alpha Phi Sigma Honor Society
- Honors: Criminal Justice Dean’s List
- Honors: President’s Scholar
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Chicago Bar Association
- North Suburban Bar Association
- Northwest Suburban Bar Association
- West Suburban Bar Associate
- Southwest Suburban Bar Association
- Cook County Bar Association
- Lake County Bar Association
- DuPage County Bar Association
- American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys
- Founder of the Law Office of Jason B. Stevens P.C. 2015-present
- Partner Meyerson Stevens Law LTD 2014-2015
- Elizer & Meyerson, LLC, Associate Attorney, 2005-2013
- The Law Offices of Thomas Glasgow, Associate Attorney 2003-2005
- Cook County Public Defender’s Office, Law Clerk, 2003
- Addis, Greenberg, Schultz & Elizer, Law Clerk, 2002 – 2003