Mr. Frantz’s 40 years of legal experience includes litigating catastrophic injury claims, tractor-trailer collisions, amusement park accidents, products liability, motorcycle, and automobile collisions, aviation accidents, fire and explosion related injuries and wrongful death claims, mass transit accidents, construction accidents, industrial accidents, complex business disputes, class actions, and mass torts. Mr. Frantz currently serves on the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee for the Porter Ranch Gas Leak litigation (one of the largest mass tort litigation in U.S. history), as well as the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee in the wildfire litigation against Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) and Southern California Edison (SCE). Mr. Frantz served as President of the Meadows Del Mar Homeowners Association for eight years (Meadows Del Mar consists of 134 homes with an estimated total value of $500 million in real estate).
ACHIEVING LANDMARK COURT VICTORIES
Mr. Frantz and co-counsel have trial-tested their extensive experience securing landmark verdicts and settlements, including:
- $55.4 million jury verdict* ** awarded to the families of four marines who were killed as a result of the negligence of San Diego Gas & Electric Utility (no pre-trial offer was made by defendants).
- Jury verdict of $223 million* (top pretrial offer was $100,000) in a professional negligence case. **
- Verdict of $18.5 million* **- Mr. Frantz’s expertise was sought by Congress where he testified as a product liability expert with respect to the litigation he prosecuted against a drug manufacturer whereby he won (with co-counsel) an $18.5 million verdict. Within months after Mr. Frantz’s congressional testimony the product was banned by the federal government due to significant safety concerns.
- $13.5 billion* against Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) on behalf of thousands of victims harmed in the 2017 and 2018 Northern California wildfires (FLG represents 4,400 victims). Mr. Frantz played an integral role in obtaining this landmark settlement.
- $800 million* against MGM Resorts International on behalf of victims of the 2017 Las Vegas Shooting at Mandalay Bay (Frantz Law Group represented 201 victims). Mr. Frantz played a very important part in achieving this historic settlement.
The Daily Transcript honored Mr. Frantz as one of the Top 10 Attorneys. Mr. Frantz has been nominated for Top Attorneys in the insurance and personal injury category 2010 – 2020. Mr. Frantz has also been honored as a Super Lawyer and Tier One Best Lawyers of America for twelve consecutive years.
Mr. Frantz is a cum laude graduate of the University of California at Santa Barbara and a graduate of Thomas Jefferson School of Law. He represented the San Diego County Bar Association as a Delegate to the State Bar of California and has served as a Special Master for the State Bar of California for the past 30 years. He has also been an Arbitrator for 30 years. He is a Master of the William B. Enright Chapter of the American Inns of Court. He is a Fellow and Associate of the prestigious American Board of Trial Advocates and is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbel.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Personal Injury / Tractor Trailer Crashes
- Wildfire Litigation/Public Utility Regulation
- Complex Business Litigation
- Professional Negligence
- Mass Torts / Class Actions