Ivo regularly lectures at law schools in the Bay Area on new developments in Civil Procedure, Insurance Coverage, Evidence, and First Amendment law. For more than 20 years, he was a contributing editor to the leading practice guide on federal court litigation, The Rutter Group’s Federal Civil Procedure Before Trial. He also serves as General Counsel to the California Association Of Public Insurance Adjusters (“CAPIA”).
Ivo graduated with honors from the California Maritime Academy. After serving as a deck officer aboard merchant ships, he graduated with honors from University of California, Hastings College of the Law. Following law school, Ivo served as a law clerk to the Honorable Charles Legge, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
• University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D., with honors, 1999
•California Maritime Academy, B.S., Marine Transportation; U.S.C.G. Third Mates License
Bar & Court Admissions
• Supreme Court of California / California State Courts
• United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
• United States Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit
• U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
• U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
• U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
• U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California