Gary Brown is the founder of Brown Weimer, LLC. He has been practicing law almost 40 years, assisting clients with a variety of legal matters. He is primarily engaged now in handling legal matters related to elder law, estates, estate planning, mental health law, and Medicaid planning for nursing homes.
In the past, Gary practiced in the large firm and corporate environment where he represented major financial institutions and corporations in commercial litigation matters. But he missed contact with people and solving their real-life problems. He missed the rewards of personally serving and getting to know his clients. So he founded this law firm to represent people, not business.
Gary has been named Super Lawyer for the past 4 years and has received numerous other awards.
He is a Certified Medicaid Planner, which recognizes him as a leader in the nursing home Medicaid planning field, providing the highest level of assistance, guidance, and advocacy for clients and families faced with nursing home financing and residency. He assists his clients in preserving their income and assets while qualifying them for Medicaid long term care benefits.
Gary and the firm are dedicated to solving your legal problems—timely, successfully, and at a reasonable cost.
- Elder Law
- Mental Health Law
- Medicaid Planning for Nursing Homes
- Louisiana Bar Association since 1983
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- Law School: Louisiana State University Law Center, Juris Doctor
- College/University: LSU, B.A.
Honors and Awards:
- Super Lawyer, 2020-2023
- Elite Lawyer, 2022 – Present
- Premier Lawyers of America
- National Advocates Top 100
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys 10 Best Attorneys
- National Academy of Family Law Attorneys Top 10 Attorney
- Attorney and Practice Magazine Top 10
- American Association of Attorney Advocate Top Ranking Attorney