Ethan G. Zelizer is a nationally respected employment and labor law attorney, senior certified human resources professional and a certified labor relations professional, based in Chicago, Illinois. Ethan has extensive experience working with both management and employees.
He has extensive experience representing and advising employers in various industries including financial services, aerospace, manufacturing, and food distribution, in all aspects of
labor and employment law. He regularly appears before federal and state courts, federal arbitration panels, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), and the Illinois Department of Human Rights, and the Human Rights Commission.
Ethan specializes in compliance with non-competition agreements and other restrictive covenants. He regularly appears in federal and state courts across the country to litigate non-competition, non-solicitation, and trade secret misappropriation matters. Ethan has expertise with:
- Federal, State and local anti-discrimination laws as well as the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- The Fair Labor Standards Act
- The Illinois Minimum Wage Law
- The Illinois Wage Payment and Collection Act
- The Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act
- The Older Workers Benefits Protection Act
- The National Labor Relations Act
- And the Family and Medical Leave Act
He also assists clients with issues relating to:
- Corporate reorganizations
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Drug and alcohol policies and issues
- Employee handbooks and policies
- Union grievances and unfair labor charges
- Social media issues
Ethan teaches Labor and Employment law and Negotiations at Loyola University Chicago and coaches the University’s Negotiations Team. He regularly speaks on a variety of employment law topics for clients and organizations and has given presentations on employee misclassification issues and harassment training, among other issues. Ethan has held various offices for the Chicago and American Bar Associations and serves as an editor on bar and industry-related publications.
Ethan loves what he does and loves doing it better today than yesterday.
He’s a dad to three beautiful children and a husband to an amazing wife. As an Employment Lawyer, Ethan helps employers and employees solve all sorts of legal problems.