David Martin is an experienced labor and employment attorney, with a focus on litigation. Before starting the firm, Mr. Martin was a labor and employment partner at Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith, LLP. He has first chair trial and arbitration experience. He has obtained dismissal through a motion for summary judgment in state court, federal court, and arbitration. He also has a track record of convincing opposing counsel to have their clients voluntarily dismiss their claims with prejudice after outlining the obstacles to recovery.
David Martin assists employers and businesses in defending against wrongful termination, harassment, and discrimination claims. He has significant experience representing clients in class actions and representative actions, including wage and hour, PAGA, and FCRA cases. Additionally, Mr. Martin helps businesses avoid litigation by providing day-to-day advice on navigating human resources issues.
Mr. Martin previously served as a Governing Board Member of the Irvine Valley College Foundation. He also served as the Co-Chair of Astounding Inventions, which is a product invention competition involving more than 4,000 students in the Irvine Unified School District and Tustin Unified School District. Mr. Martin enjoys traveling, snorkeling, skiing, competing in triathlons, and coaching soccer. He is happily married and the proud father of two sons.
University of California Los Angeles School of Law
- Juris Doctor, 2007
- Founder and President of the UCLA Chapter of the J. Reuben Clark Law Society
Brigham Young University
- Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, 2004
- Edwin S. Hinckley Scholar
- Humane Studies Fellow
State Bar Admissions
United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
United States Courts of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Orange County Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- UCLA Law School Reunion Committee
- Member, Bruin Professionals
- Orange County Chapter of the J. Reuben Clark Law Society
- Lawyers of Distinction, Member