David M. Kennedy has over 30 years experience representing individuals and businesses in matters of civil litigation. As a law student assisting his father in a civil fraud trial in 1982, David tried his first case to a jury in Oklahoma and has been a ‘trial attorney’ ever since. So, if you need an attorney for the courtroom rather than the boardroom, David is a seasoned choice.
David was raised in Sherman, Texas and his office is located there. Coming out of law school he joined his father’s firm as one who would try the lawsuits, focusing on personal injury/death cases and general civil litigation. Still located in the same building where he started his practice, David began his own firm in 2001 and continues to focus on civil litigation matters.
While licensed in three states, David has been brought in by other attorneys to represent clients in many states – from New Mexico to North Carolina. Civil trial work can often be a complicated process that requires the ability to not only review and understand thousands of pages of documents, medical records, and the applicable laws and statutes, but to do so within the deadlines and structure of the particular jurisdictions. The Firm will retain experts where and when needed for case development, is equipped and capable of presenting electronic and physical exhibits for the courts and juries, and is committed to providing our clients the dedication to their individual cases.
David has been married for over 35 years, and has three children, two sons-in-law, and two granddaughters. He has past served as a Baptist elder and deacon, and for nine years on the Sherman ISD among other acts of community involvement.
- Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Certified as a Civil Trial Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Certified as a Civil Pretrial Practice Advocate by the National Board of Civil Practice Advocacy
- Licensed in Texas, Oklahoma and Colorado
- St. Marys University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1983
- North Texas State University, Marketing, Bachelor of Business Administration
● President, Law Office of David M. Kennedy, P.C., 2001 – Present
● Shareholder, Kennedy & Minshew, P.C., 1983 – 2001
● American Association for Justice, Chair of the Nursing Home Litigation Group, 2001 – 2002
● Oklahoma Association for Justice, 1995 – Present
● American Association for Justice, 1985 – Present
● Texas Trial Lawyers Association, 1984 – Present